Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Hourlybinx Project

For the past week or so I've been pushing out data to my hourlybinx twitter account. I record when I wake up, when I go to bed, when I eat meals, and when I drink caffeine or alcohol. In addition, I check in every hour to record my energy and happiness levels.

Once I had amassed enough data, I used the python twitter module to connect to the twitter API and pull all of the data. I then parsed it in Python and exported the data as a CSV. I then read that CSV into Processing and used that to graph the information.

The final project can be viewed
here. All of the aforementioned data is shown on a day-by-day basis, and there is user input to switch between days. The project uses a sample set of 200 tweets, but I am still running the Hourlybinx Project, and at some point I will update the site to reflect the larger data set.


I'm not sure how long I am going to continue running this project, but if I get enough data I could start doing weekday averages or something else. Hourlybinx data is public and freely available to anyone else wishing to use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment